"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you." Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace
Name: Maggie Rudy
Location: Portland, Oregon
Occupation: artist, children’s book illustrator
- Jackie, my childhood doll
- my wallet, made from a feed sack
- a postcard from Maurice Sendak, received in response to a fan letter I wrote in 1970
- my great-grandmother’s prom dress
- my glasses
- pictures of my sons
- a bird brooch, given to me by my husband
- a photograph of my dad, circa 1938 by Brett Weston
- little felt mice characters that I made
- my laptop
Concert Poster of the Day: Norah Jones as Peanuts’ Schroeder by Matt Leunig.
Available for purchase as a 24” x18” lithograph (limited run of 100) via La La Land.
Oh boy. It doesn’t help that the Boyfriend and I did the Snoopy dance all weekend to express our happiness.
GPOYW (caveat: I realize that I actually post a picture of myself everyday, but I try to change it up on Wednesday by getting the Boyfriend mad at me.)
This is me and the Boyfriend at the end of last school year, on the beach, helping our senior friends burn their seminar material.