DIY: MOSS GRAFFITI
Moss graffiti, also called eco-graffiti or green graffiti, replaces spray paint, paint-markers or other such toxic chemicals and paints with a paintbrush and a moss “paint” that can grow on its own. As people become more eco-friendly and environmentally aware, the idea of making living, breathing graffiti has become a more green and creative outlet for graffiti artists. It can also be considered another form of guerrilla gardening.
- One or two clumps (about a small handful) of moss
- 2 cups ofbuttermilk
- You can also substitute withyogurt(vegan yogurt can be used)
- 2 cups of water (or beer)
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Corn syrup (optional)_______________
- Apply your paint in a moist area that receives a moderate amount of sunlight.
- Moss grows best on porous surfaces such as bricks or other stones.
- The best times to plant your graffiti are in the spring or fall, and keeping the moss moist will encourage its growth.
- If for any reason you wish to get rid of the design or parts of the design, spray it with lime juice as this will kill the moss.